Thursday, January 1, 2015

Ode to Holiday Feasting

Christmas cake
photo courtesy of Apolonia @freedigitalphotos.net

 
My pants are size four.
I'm not anymore.
I know a quick fix.
I'll buy a size six.


Christmas cookies
photo courtesy Mister GC @freedigitalphotos.net
 
The sixes were great
'Til I over-ate;
And at this new weight
I now need size eight.

 

I did it again.
I'm up to size ten...
No-wait. That's not right!
My tens are all tight!




Christmas cake
photo courtesy of Serge Bertasius Photography @freedigitalphotos.net
 

Cookies, cakes and pies galore,
One bite always leads to more.
What can stop this upward roll?
Oh, that thing called self-control.



We're our own harshest critics. We beat ourselves up over perceived failures. But we can break free from the things that hold us back, and hold us captive.      
 
In my next post I'll confess what I'm struggling with.
 
And share my plan to finally overcome it.
 
What's in it for you? An opportunity to break free yourself.
 
What challenges do you face? Is there a habit you haven't been able to overcome?
 
In my next post I'll share a way we can link together to break the chains. 

Meanwhile, here's some encouraging news:
 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." Gal 5:22-23.



candy and tape measure
photo courtesy of Danilo Rizzuti @freedigitalphotos.net


God's got our backs. We don't have to do it alone.
Please share this with your friends who are struggling, because I see victory in our futures. As for the niggling little voice that just told you, "Maybe for someone else, but not for me." Tell that liar to sit down, because YOUR victory is at hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment