The dreaded winter cold/flu/crud season stampeded into town in all its germ-ridden glory.
Is your family battling those nasty outlaws, the Virus Varmint gang?
Yeah, us too.
Normally we escape its mucus-filled clutches. But for the past several weeks my husband has dragged about like a cowboy finishing a five hundred mile cattle drive.
Not to be outdone, our grandson rounded-up a case of Pink Eye to add to the bunkhouse.
Thankfully we haven't encountered stomach flu. Our grandson's non-stop grazing bears testimony to that.
|(Disclaimer: Not an actual photo of my husband and grandson)
My husband is difficult to corral.
He "helps" me by fixing his own snacks and drinks.
Any by "helps" I mean he leaves a trail of germs on everything he touches.
I trail after him with my posse of cleaning products to
- Disinfect the counters
- Disinfect the refrigerator and its contents
- Disinfect the stove, sink, table, etc.
Right about here in the post I'd normally put in some great tips.
Maybe about illness prevention, like frequent hand washing.
Or "Change patient's pillowcases and bedding daily when dealing with Pink Eye."
But let's be honest Cowpoke, you probably already know them.
So instead I'm moseying to the basement to tackle our twenty fifth load of laundry this week.
|Photo courtesy of Stuart Miles@freedigitalphotos.net
Am I complaining? (It sure sounds like it.)
Here are a few things I'm thanking God for:
I don't have to tote the laundry down the the river and beat it clean on rocks.
The illness is passing.
We have medications.
I'm well, and can care for my family.
So Pardners, if you're standing off the Crud Critters, keep fighting. And thank the Lord for disinfectants.
Here are some great scriptures about healing.
|photo courtesy email@example.com
- Acts 5:16 "Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed."
- Romans 8:11 "But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal (Natural, Earthly) bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."
- Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name . . . they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."
- Jeremiah 30:17 "For I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds, saith the Lord."
- Psalm 103:2-5 "Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits:Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction,Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies,Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s."