Saturday, September 14, 2013

Enter the (Virtual) Dragon...


I belong to an amazing writer's group-Wordsowers.
At last Thursday's meeting Angela D. Meyer, author of Where Hope Starts, was our guest speaker. She handed out this homework assignment:

What will I do in the next month to start growing my platform?

What's a platform?
Platform shoes? I'll do a retro walk in those babies.
A treehouse platform? Fire up my power tools and I can build it.
A Social media platform? (Gulp.)
                                                                
Evidently I'll need to create a blog, a website, get a domain name, a twitter account, an author's Facebook page....
I'm guessing these things are child's play for you. For me, it's a challenge.
My biggest problem? Staying focused.
I start researching one area, but follow innumerable links in to the depths of the cyber-forest until, like Little Red Riding Hood, I've strayed from the path. 
I hope you'll join me in this attempt to survive the Big Bad Blogging Wolf.
Blessings,
Jeanie

Photo courtesy of Stuart Miles @ http://www.freedigitalphotos.net

7 comments:

  1. Great job, Jeanie. I enjoy your story--although not a genre I typically read. But I love your humor and the way you've written your first page here. Also, I've read through the prose edits. You are great...."too good for a really, really." Such fun. You know I wrote those in 2002 and dug them out to use them this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had those same thoughts when I stepped onto the writing path. You'll do great. I look forward to following your progress.

    Livin’ Out Loud for Jesus
    www.MerrieHansen.com
    Facebook.com/MerrieHansen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. I checked out your site, and the retreat you described definitely sounds like a Psalm 46:10 time.
      Blessings,
      Jeanie

      Delete
  3. Jeannie - You are a delight. Love your sense of humor. Look forward to seeing you take up your sword and slay that Big Bad Blogging Wolf! You'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela D. Meyer sent me your way. So glad she did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela D. Meyer sent me your way too. You're off to a good start. And like Little Red Riding Hood, you stepped out the door to start your journey. Many never do. Of course there's going to be detours a long the way, but remember your writers group is there to help (as well as other writers in the writing community.) God's best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Your encouragement is appreciated;)

      Delete