Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Does God Play Favorites?


Cecil Murphey has authored and co-authored over 135 books, including 90Minutes in Heaven and GiftedHands: The Ben Carson Story.


Thanks to his generous sponsorship, last month I attended HACWN's 2014 writers conference in Kansas City.


Sounds straightforward, right? There's more to the
story.


author Kat Crawford

Kat Crawford
, author of Capsules of Hope, and co-founder of the Wordsowers Christian Writers group, urged me to attend the 2014 Heart of America Christian Writers Network conference.

I said, "I'd like to Kat, but it's not in our budget."

She insisted, "You need to be there."

It's hard to say no to Kat. She's a tiny fiery planet orbiting the writing world. When she emits her cosmic wisdom rays, people listen. So at her continued urging I said, "I'll pray about it."

She leaned close, patted my arm and said, "Get ready to go."

 
I sought the Lord, both alone and with my husband, Jake.
NOTE: Fancy way to say, "Asked God about stuff."

On Friday Aug. 29, during my morning bible study, Revelation 3:8, a message to the Church in Philadelphia, stood out:

 
"I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me."

 
Late that night after much prayer Jake and I agreed that, due to our other commitments, I could only attend the HACWN conference if the Lord fully opened the door of provision.
NOTE: Fancy way to say, "Paid for stuff."

courtesy of Anusorn P nachol @freedigitalphotos.net

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to me, Kat Crawford contacted Cecil Murphey and asked him to sponsor me.

 
His one word response waited in my inbox next morning.


"Sure."

God's provision didn't stop there.
 
Teresa TierneyWordsowers team leader and "Roadblocks to Forgiveness" writer Teresa Tierney invited her fellow attendees a ride to Kansas City.
                            Whoo hoo! No car rental needed.

And because of their friendship with Kat, a lovely couple opened their home to us.                      Yes! No hotel bill.

 
Here's the best part: God doesn't play favorites. He has wonderful things planned for you, too.

 
In Acts 10:34 Peter said, "...'I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism.'" NLT.


Here's what God says about you:



White cross against blue sky
courtesy of artur84 @freedigitalphotos.net
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 TLC

 


To discover his amazing plan for your life, spend time with God reading his word, the bible.


I'd love to learn what doors God opens for you. Drop me a line and I'll intercede for you before the throne.
NOTE: Fancy way to say I'll pray for you. 


2 comments:

  1. Okay, I've tried three times to post this comment:) Thank you for the kudo's Jeanie, but the truth is, God just loves to use mere humans to accomplish His tasks on earth. I truly believed then and now, God wanted you to experience HACWN. What a blessing for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, I'm grateful you're one of the incredible people God uses in my life.

      Delete