Saturday, November 14, 2020

Judge Slow, Love Quick

 Josh Wilson's song "Revolutionary" keeps spinning in my head.
Here's are the lyrics, in part:

Maybe you're not like me
Maybe we don't agree
Maybe that doesn't mean
We gotta be enemies


Maybe we just get brave
Take a big leap of faith
Call a truce so me and you
Can find a better way


Let's take some time, open our eyes, look and listen,
And we're gonna find we're more alike than we are different,

Why does kindness seem revolutionary?
When did we let hate get so ordinary?

Let's turn it around, flip the script
Judge slow, love quick
God help us get revolutionary.

I'm turning the TV down
Drowning their voices out
'Cause I believe that you and me
Can find some common ground


See maybe I'm not like you
But I'll walk a mile in your shoes
If it means I might see
The world the way you do

What would Jesus do?
He would love first

Yeah, He would love first
So we should love first...


This is one of the most divisive times in US history. But those lyrics remind me to respond in love.

Love doesn't mean we necessarily agree with another person's point of view.
It does mean we show that person respect and compassion.


When asked, “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 22:36-39

What would happen if we stood firm on our values, yet loved like Jesus loves?

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:43-44



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6glQdaQUZ1U

No comments:

Post a Comment